Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 5 - renovations - July 2008

You know what .. I'm sick to FUCKING death of this ! ..

The Joshua (guy who gave us the quote for the floor) came back last night (Tuesday) at 4.45pm awaiting the arrival of some kind of levelling machine thingy-ma-bob .. anyway he rang and rang and couldn't get hold of the guy .. so he tells me don't let him come in and take any tools - the tools have to stay until the job is finished or he pays the $ 1,020.00 for the timber that is already on the floor ..

Joshua rings me this morning and says "OK the apprentice is coming to take the tools - don't let him - you tell him Mark has to fix floor or pay money" .. so the young kid arrives - can hardly speak any english and has only been in Australia for 8 weeks !!!!!!!!

I tell him "fix floor and you can have tools - not fix floor tools stay and Mark pay $ 1,020 for the timber" .. the poor kid could hardly understand me so he rings Mark .. eventually Mark wants to talk to me - so I talk to him .. I told him "either fix the floor or tools stay until the money is paid" .. he argues with me over the phone .. but i stood my ground ! ... so this goes on all day .. until at 2pm this afternoon Mark and the apprentice arrive back .. he starts measuring .. he doesn't say a thing .. so I asked him "what's going on ???" .. he then says "Joshua on his way talk to him" .. next thing they start taking all the tools and loading up the car ?!

Joshua arrives and another fight of words breaks out .. finally Mark and the apprentice pack everything up and leave .. By this time I was almost at screaming point !

After they leave Joshua says "you not worry Jodee I look after you - new team coming tomorrow - forget about him .. This man much more experienced and skilled we will fix for you - level whole area including kitchen/dining/hallway and teh lounge" .. so what's happening now is they have to pull up approx 15 sqm of timber flooring that Mark put down and put down different thicknesses of ply board to bring the floor up level and then sand it down and then start laying the timber flooring ..

They started this fucking floor last friday - here we are almost 6 days later and still nothing .. it's heartbreaking i tell ya .. our furniture is scattered on the back verandah - which isn't that big and the rest of it is in our bedroom .. we had to move the bed over hard up to the wall and poor Peter has to climb into bed every night - my 2 seater leather lounge, our 151cm plasma tv and tv stand and cupboards are also in our room .. it's a wonder we can fit in there !

So we'll see what tomorrow brings - at this rate I think I might start writing a novel .. lol

0 comments: