Saturday, September 6, 2008

Curette over and done with !

OMG what an extremely long day at the hospital yesterday ..

We left home just after 8.20am for fear of traffic .. but for once actually had quite a good drive in .. not much traffic at all and no accidents either ! .. got to the hospital about 9.10am .. reported to admissions and sat and waited for the volunteer to take me around to day surgery ..

we waited till about 9.30am when the nurse called me in to take my ob's .. everything was good .. so about 9.40am i dressed and got back out into the waiting room .. we waited and waited and WAITED !!! .. by 11.30am I was beginning to worry that they had forgotten about me :(

At 12.20pm they called me up .. just as they did my phone rang and it was Peter so I threw the phone to mum and headed off .. they took me down to theatre in my gorgeous outfit .. NOT .. lmfao ..

They laid me on the bed and 5 mins later the sleep dr arrived - took some info and said we'll back to get you in 2 mins .. and that they were .. Julie (our FS) came and walked up to theatre with me .. I was in OR #4 .. lol .. seen that as they pushed me throught ..

The sleep dr put the drip in .. the nurse said i'm going to give you some oxygen .. next thing it was 1.10pm and I was back in recovery .. don't remember a thing after the oxygen .. lol .. they gave me 3 shots of something like morphene that starts with "F" .. but after the last shot they had to wait till 2pm to take me back to recovery room # 2 ..

So at 2pm they wheel me down into recovery room #2 .. finally i ask "where is mum???" .. oh someone would have rang her .. anyway 15 mins went by and i asked again "where is mum ???" .. we'll go get her .. no-one rang and told her that i was out and back in recovery ..

I was laying there and said to mum i just wanna get up .. i'm sick of laying down .. i feel fine .. next thing i felt this huge gush - well it felt like i was weeing myself but couldn't stop .. so mum went and got a nurse who lifted the sheet and said yes there is a bit of blood i'll be right back ..

so she cames back with pad in hand - closes the curtain and says legs apart please .. i mean for god's sake i could have done it myself !

anyway it must have been around 2.45pm when they sent me down to recovery room #3 where i could actually sit up and have something to eat .. yayyyyayyyyy .. at 4pm they finally said you can go home !!! woooooo bloody hoooooooo ..

we so leave - i drove home - wasn't supposed to but mum's leg's were driving her mad (arthritis) .. as it turns out the most we could do was 10klms an hour !!! not happy jan ! .. we walked in my front door at 5.15pm !

we had KFC for dinner .. i had a shower - laid on the floor on our spare queen sized inner spring mattress and stayed there all night .. didn't feel like having to share the bed with peter and the 2 cats .. but as it turns out .. poor Koko was so confused he didn't know where to sleep .. mum in 1 room and dad in the other .. lol .. so he spent most of the night on the mattress with me .. which wasn't too bad cause at least peter wasn't in there too ..

so that's what happened yesterday - glad it's all over - AF has stopped .. wooo hoooo .. I see Julie in 8 weeks .. so hopefully in January 2009 we'll be starting OI and IUI ..

Thank you to everyone who sent me messages in msn and through the forum :) .. I'm so lucky to have friends who care so much ................ xoxoxoxox

0 comments: