Thursday, November 20, 2008

OMG we had 4 inches of rain in 1 hour !

I tried and tried to stay awake - but it was useless - my main worry was that the storms would be like what hit brisbane's north on sunday - they were building and building and had very very heavy rain in them .. by about 10.30pm i think i just fell asleep ..

11.30pm woke up to a roaring sound and i mean roaring sound .. I got up and couldn't even see the street .. it was like someone had put a white sheet over our bedroom window .. the wind was blowing .. but it was the rain .. it was deafening ..

This morning I raced down stairs to see just how much we did get - and I almost fell over when Phyliss said "4" YES 4 inches .. I couldn't believe it .. Lucky duck was happily swimming from Peter's shed right over to the chook pen .. I then checked the birds and seen my poor piggies ! .. they were sitting on their little houses - they were flooded !!! .. OMG .. they were drenched the poor little mites .. to be honest I don't know how they didn't drown .. I have now shifted them and put them in higher cages off the ground - learnt my lesson there !

It's very warm this morning - and muggy too .. we're in for more tonight .. just how much more can we take ?

0 comments: