Thursday, June 26, 2008

Been awhile .......

Hello !!!!

Yes I'm back ! .. after what seems to be an eternity .. well last post was the 9th June 08 - how slack am I ??? today is the 26th June 08 ..

So what's been happening your asking ???? .. hmmmmmm do you really wanna know ? .. lol .. ok here goes ....

We decided the 1st week of Peter's to get timber flooring done in the lounge, dining, kitchen and hallway - so off to a few places wet set .. Decided on going with (I won't name the place as it didn't turn out as planned) a company not far from home .. we were all set 1 week ago tomorrow (Friday) but when the guy arrived he took 1 look at our timber flooring and said "I'm sorry I can't put floating timber over this it's way too bad you will need to ring professional floor levellers" ..

He left us with some numbers and off he went on his merry little way (can you tell I'm being sarcastic ??? .. lol ) .. I rang a few numbers and 2 guys were supposed to come out .. $ 2,700 was 1 quote just to level the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. the floating floor was $ 3,800 so a grand total of $ 6,500 for engineered timber flooring ..

I burst into tears - our house was empty all the furniture was on the back verandah - we had undercut our plaster walls for the timber flooring to slide under .. all a waste of time .. that was UNTIL ................................

I logged on and found www.candgtimber.com.au (I think that's their addy) 100% natural SOLID, REAL timber flooring .. they level our floor also $ 6,600 ... hmmmmmm $ 100 more than the original company we decided on - so we chose C and G Timber Flooring ! .. so the new floor goes down tomorrow and will take approx 4-5 days to level, lay and finish ..

We also needed a plasterer and tiler to re-do the kitchen splash back - I had someone who was supposed to come last Saturday .. i rang him all day to check and see what time he would be here - NO ANSWER every time I called ..

Yes I know your thinking boy do you have bad luck - YEP WE DO ! .. so anyway by 4.30 the guy hadn't shown up - the kitchen splash back was almost demolished as we got it half ready for this guy .. when i did get hold of him he says "i've ran into complications with another job - so i won't be coming today or tomorrow" .. to which i said "ok so basically your telling me in a nice way your not coming at all and that we should find someone else" and he came back with "yep, that would be good thanks" .. so I hung up on him !

Once again in tear's .. we decided that the people who are doing the flooring also do plaster and tiling - well they came yesterday $ 550 and I've got a beautiful new kitchen splash back .. atm our house is still a pig sty cause we've had to completely empty the area's that are having timber put down ..

Once it's all over and settled I will post pic's and video's of our work .. it's alot of money but in the long run in about 10 -15 years time we should get well over $ 500,000 for this house - the next thing on the list to get done is the bathroom remodelled .. which hopefully will get done next year some time ....

Other than that - that's what we've been up to ..................... any news from you :)

0 comments: