Monday, June 2, 2008

FS appointment ...

all went well today at our post operation appointment with our FS .. we discussed a few things and made the decision to take a 3 month break .. during this time I will try and lose some weight and stay on the pill .. when I'm ready we'll do what she called a BOOST cycle ..

she showed us pictures from my lap/hyst - and OMG I've got lumps of YELLOW FAT everywhere .. lol .. my ovaries are HUGE and I mean HUGE .. they are approx the size of an orange where as they should be the size of maybe a large strawberry (but round of course) .. Julie said she was shocked when she seen the size of my ovaries ..

We will start on 100iu and try and get 3-4 eggs each time .. as Julie said it's not the quantity but the QUALITY of the eggs that count .. we will use ICSI (as per normal for us) and take the embies to blastocyst (day 5/6) .. so that means if we only get 3-4 eggs there is NO guarantee that any of them will make it to transfer .. and there may not be any left to freeze .. which means another full fresh stimulated cycle ..

In regards to my LEFT ovary sitting so high and EPU I will be taken to actual surgery and have LAP surgery to remove the eggs .. I was kinda a little worried that that's how she would do it .. but if it's the only way, then that's the only way ..

The left ovary is sitting freely - it's not attached to anything and Julie seems to think that because my ovaries are so big that's why the left one sits so high .. she also found what they call a small embronic fibroid/cyst - which she removed ..

The fee's for our clinic have gone up - but I have to say after seeing their new clinic IT'S BEAUTIFUL ! .. so the new fee's for us are :

To reach the Safety Net - Medicare will take the 1st $ 1,000 off us ..

Standard IVF - $ 6,400
Medicare Rebate - $ 1,740.30
Safety Net Rebate - $ 3,727.75
Out of Pocket - $ 931.95 + $ 1,000.00 to reach the safety net = $ 1,931.95 OOP

ICSI - $ 500.00
Medicare Rebate - $ 330.10
Safety Net Rebate - $ 135.90
Out of Pocket - $ 34.00

Blastocyst Culture - $ 200.00
Out of Pocket - $ 200.00

Syneral - $ 110.00 per bottle
Out of Pocket - $ 110.00

Pregnyl - $ 20.00 per unit
Out of Pocket - $ 20.00 - $ 100.00

Crinone (Progesterone) - $ 12.00 per unit
Out of Pocket - depends on how many I use

So in total so far we're OOP $ 2,275.95 and that's not including the Pregnyl or Crinone .. but once we've done this initial cycle and hit the safety net we'll only be OOP $ 931.95 for a full stim + the extra's as listed above ..

0 comments: