Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bub #2 died also :(

After putting bub #2 back with mum and dad yesterday and almost losing him .. I brought him back inside and got up every 2 hours last night and feed him .. this morning i'm exhausted ..

He was doing well - altho i was worried because he still had lots of air and food in his crop from the 10.30pm feed .. at 4.30am this morning the air and food was still there .. I logged into the bird forum i go into (I can't thank you guys enough) and they said he had what they call "sour crop" .. so i had to get some nilstat drops and give that to him in warm water ..

sadly it didn't work and 1/2 an hour later he was gone .... I have no idea why wally and charlie wouldn't keep them warm or feed them .. maybe everyone was right and i was interuppting them too much ?

I guess we'll never know the answer .. my 2 darling little babies gone in the blink of an eye .. it just seems so unfair to live for 21 days inside the egg and then freeze and starve to death ... no matter what i did - i tried my very best ...........

0 comments: