Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Embies are on board ....

Roll

Well our embies are on board .. the ET didn't go as smooth as all of our others ..

I was feeling ok right up until I walked into the waiting room of the theatre .. then I became all anxious and uptight ... I even commented to Peter "I've been so positive up until now" .. anyway I just put it down to nerves ..

We spoke to the embrologist first who told us out of the 9 embies defrosted and grown out to day 5 only 2 survived .. and they made it to the Morula stage which is 1 stage away from blastocyst .. so we were really happy that we decided to grow out all 9 ..

So we go into theatre and get up on the bed .. Julie comes in all smiles as does the nurse .. then Julie started the procedure .. for some reason nothing would go around the corner .. so 2 speculum's, 3 catheta's and HAPPY GAS .. yep you got it HAPPY GAS .. I was in sooo much pain .. but Julie eventually got the embies where they belonged - inside their mummy's tummy ...
I came home so sore, sick, bloated and tired ... I spent most of the afternoon lounging around and doing nothing .. This morning I'm not too bad .....

So here are the pictures of our 2 beautiful little embies :

0 comments: