Thursday, January 17, 2008

After all this time ...........

You know when you sit and think about it .. time really does get away .. I grew up in a small town in Central Queensland of about 5,000 people .. I went to school there both public and private .. It was in public school that I met a girl - a few months older than me who lived in the house 2 door's up .. our mum's became friends and so did we .. anyway as we all know we grow up and move away .. possibly never seeing our friends again .......................

That was until the other day when I got a message in a forum that I go into ....

Hi, I was just wondering if this is Jodie ********* (*******) who used to live in/near ******** / ********* Streets?
If you aren't so sorry to bug you.

Cheers, Megan (********) ********.

I was gob smacked !!!! .. Shocked I couldn't believe it .. after about 15 years or more .. and it would have to be that long because my father passed away 14 years ago and I hadn't seen Megan .. We did see each other one day tho in Queen Street Mall when I was down here for college, but that's a long time ago and my father was still alive ........................

It's amazing how after all this time we end up going into the same forum together and don't even know .. that was until I put a picture in there of me and some friends .. so if it hadn't have been for my photo - Megan would never have known it was me .. and I would never have known it was her ..
Embarrassed I found this old school photo of us .. must have been about Grade 5 ? ... brings back old memories .......... I can still actually name almost all the girls by first and last name - but the boy's I'm struggling with .. lol .. what about you Megan ? .. maybe you can refresh my memory on some of them

OK so which 1 am I ?? which 1 is Megan ?? ... take a guess and leave a comment ... this should be fun !

Bye-bye

1 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Oh my, I still have that photo.

Yes, it's a small, small world.

Good to catch up with you again.