Friday, January 25, 2008

What a sad and emotional week ...

This week has been such an emotional roller coaster for me ..

My friend Sudipa and Glenn were happily awaiting the birth of their 1st baby - when tragically it all went wrong on Monday at a routine appointment when the Dr couldn't find a heartbeat or see any movement ..

Sudipa was admitted to hospital on Monday night and induced at 9pm .. 24 hours later a beautiful and perfect little boy they named Nelson Riley was born sleeping .. I am still struggling to come to terms with what has happend .. Sudipa was released from hospital yesterday afternoon .. I gave her a call and we chatted for a few minutes ..

Sudipa was 22 weeks and 5 days pregnant .. no-one can say for sure why this happened .. 1 thing is for sure I will be there to support them .. because they going to need all the love and support they can get ..

Rest in Peace - Nelson Riley - gone but NEVER forgotten ....

*~*~*~*~*~*

Well who could hardly believe the news on Wednesday at the untimely death of our beloved Heath Ledger .. I was in disbelief when I read a message through yahoo left by mum

"jode do you know an actor called Keith Ledger - he's aussie and they found him dead" .. of course mum stuffed up the name, but I knew straight away who she meant !

I was speechless .. such a great great loss .. I remember seeing him in "A Knights Tale" and thought wow .. he's brilliant ! fantastic ! .. his little girl Matlida .. only 2 years old .. she will never remember him .. but I'm sure Heath's family will keep his spirit alive ..

The 1 great thing that has really angered me this week is the media .. they all fight over "we got it first" .. who cares who got it first .. a man had just lost his life and all that mattered to them was ratings .. another that totally shocked me was one day Mel from Sunrise was in Australia .. the next bloody day she's sitting outside the apartment where Heath lost his life .. why ? .. just so she can say Channel 7 were the first news crew there ..

What about poor Heath's family .. if the rumor's are true that they heard about his death on the radio before the police had a chance to contact them - that's disgusting ! .. once again it's all down to ratings ...

It's any wonder I hardly watch any TV .. the first 10 minutes of the news is more than enough for me ..

0 comments: