Sunday, January 20, 2008

Who said yard work was easy ?

Big Hug

Since yesterday we've been working in our back yard ... tomorrow (Monday) we get a delivery of 3 sleepers, some premium garden soil and some pebbles to make a walk way .. Today I brought a heap of plants to fill the new garden bed up along the fence under the palm trees .. we also finished the chook pen off .. and the girls loved every minute of getting under the tree's and scratching around !

Gardening
We let the ducks out for a wander but the Drake keeps hassling the girls for favours .. if you know what I mean .... lol .. so the ducks were put back to bed .. they weren't impressed I can tell you ! .. Toby has been getting in the way all day .. he's such a sticky beak ! Kracker went for a wander around the yard .. and madam Izzy-Bea (see picture below taken about 1 yr ago) .. has been lounging on the back verandah all day .. she's petrified of Toby and won't come down stairs !


As for me .. well the natural form of Metformin is doing wonders for me ! .. I'm bouncing off the walls with so much energy .. even Peter is shocked .. and I'm not eating half of what I used too .. so that's even better .. I don't feel sick from it all .. not like the Metformin .. ewwwww .. I hate that bloody stuff ..

Electric

Peter went back to the Dr's today to get his blood pressure checked .. 140 on 100 .. so still high .. the Dr changed his tablets to a stronger one .. and we go back next Sunday to have it tested again .. his blood sugar is border line at 6.1 .. so he's off for a GTT .. lmfao .. HE'S NOT IMPRESSED ! .. so I told him when he has his done I'll get mine done too ..

I've been checking timber and such in the back yard after finding the "munchers' (termites) yesterday and so far so good .. only found them in 1 more piece of timber that was half burried in the gravel .. still not good news tho .. so I've called our Pest man and just waiting for him to call back ..

Mum has been very quiet today .. don't know what they've been up today .. lol .. I called her to let her know what Peter's BP was and haven't heard from her since .. I cooked crumbed steak and steamed veggies for lunch .. it was lovely .. tonight we'll just have toast ..

Well better get off here I suppose and have a shower .. night night all

2 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Hope Peter is better soon. Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Ciao!

PKGJMG said...

hi megan,

yeah busy alright .. the gardening stuff get's here today .. so i'm going to be exhausted by tonight .. lol .. hope you had a good weekend :)