Wednesday, April 16, 2008

baby number 6 has arrived !

Baby number 6 has finally arrived ! .. with a little help from me ..

Miss Daisy obviously has no idea about babies and was picking up the egg by the cracked shell and throwing the baby around the nest box .. so i rescued him/her - picked away what was left of the shell .. by this time the poor little thing was almost freezing cold and shaking really really badly ..

Once out of the shell I put the new baby under Penny (the clucky bantam) who is in the same nest box as Miss Daisy - YES I may as well live on farm .. lol .. I just love animals .. and when we have a family I want them to grow up loving animals just like Peter and I ..

I haven't got a picture yet of the new bub, I wanted to get him under Penny as quickly as I could so he/she could get warm again ... so will hopefully get a picture later this afternoon ...

0 comments: