Monday, April 21, 2008

Follicle Scan # 4 ...

I hope I get this right because this morning my FS and I got a bit of a shock ! .. before you ask BFP .. the answer is NO ... but there is something wrong .. well not wrong – but it could mean surgery ..

OK I went in for my scan at 7.30am this morning and while doing the scan my FS found

(L) 10 x 19mm and heaps of other ones under 13mm

As for my (R) well first off she couldn’t find it .. so she moved the probe around and thought she found the ( R ) but then said to me isn’t that the (L) side ? .. so she prodded some more .. but nup still couldn’t find it ..

so then she said “ok we’ll do a tummy ultrasound” .. while doing that she said “oh ok there it is .. right up near your uterus” .. so then she became a little concerned and said ok I’ll do another internal ultrasound ..

She still couldn’t find it and asked me if I’d had any lap surgery done .. to which I replied yes but they only found PCOS nothing else .. so Julie is thinking like this:

Either the ( R ) ovary became stuck up there after our last EPU

OR

It has always been stuck up there but no-one has noticed and when doing the ultrasounds what they think is 2 ovaries is actually only 1 ! ..

God I hope this is making sense ? .. I have had another E2 BT this morning so we’re awaiting those results – because Julie can’t see the other ovary we have NO idea how many eggs are in there .. so the plan is as follows:

Plan 1.

If E2 comes back under 18,000 – 20,000 then full steam ahead to EPU on Wednesday – now this EPU won’t be your NORMAL EPU .. the first part of the EPU will be done normally the 2nd part will be done via LAP surgery so they can get to the other ovary ..

depending on how I come out etc – we may get to do a FRESH TRANSFER ! .. if I don’t fall pregnant this cycle – Julie will book me in for explorative surgery to find out why the other ovary is sitting so high ..

Plan 2.

If E2 is over 20,000 then we will cancel – and Julie will book me in for explorative surgery to find out why the other ovary is sitting so high ..

There is so much going around in my head right now I can’t remember if there is anything else ? ..

Oh that’s right .. lol .. Julie also said with the ovary sitting so high – and possibly not seeing it that’s why I always become so sick while on IVF – because when they do EPU – they can’t see the other ovary and therefore all the follies get left inside – hence OHSS ..

0 comments: