Friday, April 4, 2008

Is it ok to take things out on other people ????

When you are under alot of stress is it ok to take it out on your family and friends ? ..

We've been under alot of stress over the past few years in regards to our financial situation combined with infertility treatment - and hey I will be the first to put my hand up and say " I'M GUILTY " .. of doing and saying things to family and friends that I don't mean .. but I always say SORRY ..

I have had quite a few out bursts in an online forum I go into called POSAA over the last year or so .. and said things that I am ashamed of but I have always apologised ... whether it took me 1 hour or 6 months, I did apologise ..

How can a friend know if you are under stress or unhappy if you don't mention anything and just keep living every day as if everything is normal ? .. I don't pretend to be all happy happy joy joy if I'm feeling down or depressed .. if something is wrong I tell my friend/s .. and talk about it .. not keep it all bottled up and then explode when my friend/s least expects it ..

Maybe we pretend because we don't want the world to see that we're human and that we have feelings and faults just like everyone else ? .. but isn't that classed as lying and deception ? ..

Should we be made to feel as tho we shouldn't "complain" or "whinge" ??? ... is it right when your talking to a friend to sit at the keyboard and think "shit maybe I shouldn't tell him/her that I'm feeling down because they'll get in a huff and tell me to stop whinging or complaining so I'll just act all happy happy joy joy to suit them" ..

Friends are like 4 leafed clovers and very very hard to find BUT when you do find them you need to treat them with the same respect and dignity that you would expect someone to give you ............................

0 comments: